Sunday 3 September 2023

TITHE 1: THE DOOR TO FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH

In the ancient biblical narrative, there is a captivating account of Abraham's encounter with Melchizedek, the enigmatic king of Salem and a priest of the Most High God. This story is a vivid picture of Abraham's act of giving a tithe to Melchizedek and the significance it holds. It is here that the word tithe is first mentioned in the bible.

And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. Genesis 14:20 KJV.

But what is this tithe?

Almost all Christians on the face of the earth have at some point heard about tithe, some have been practicing it, and some have even ridiculed those doing it.

Once a non-believer blasted me for enriching a pastor every time I brought my tithe, it is one of the most uncomfortable things to speak about in poor communities yet one of the most significant principles God has put down for us to launch into financial prosperity, but what does tithing actually mean?

Tithe refers to the practice of giving a portion of one's income or possessions, typically a tenth (10%), to a religious institution or as an act of worship. The concept of tithing has a long history and is found in various religious traditions. The word derives from the Old English word “teogothian” which means "to give a tenth part".

In Christianity, tithing is often seen as a way to honor God, acknowledge His provision, and support the work of the church. It is considered a form of worship and an expression of faith, obedience, and gratitude.

The tithe is typically given to the church and is used to fund ministry activities, support the clergy, assist those in need, and maintain the church's operations. Ever since I learned this secret and the promises of God, my earnings have always been dynamic and progressive, literally I have been going up and never down, in fact, I am persuaded that as long as I stay true to these principles, I can never regress, after all, it is God’s word, “...let God be true, but every man a liar...” Romans 3:4.

God formally instituted tithing to draw the hearts of men to him and not their possessions as well as a means of support to the priests and Levites. 

I was introduced to the concept of tithing when I was young, my mother would painstakingly put away decima, a tenth part of what would be my income that she would allot to the clergy for their support, the only issue is that she would give less than what I had earned, the parishioners in her local catholic church had zeroed down on 3,000 Uganda shillings (eighty-one pennies) as annual decima collected usually at the end of the year.  Since then, I have been an ardent tither, in the days earlier, I used to tithe on my net earnings until I realized that God has blessed me on the gross and not on the net, progressively I have matured into tithing and as much as three years I have been tithing on the gross.

Tithing has been my quickest principle to obtain financial breakthrough, some of the most amazing promises of God touching prosperity are linked to tithing.

Will you today, take hold of God on the account of the integrity of his word?


No comments:

Post a Comment