Sunday 6 June 2010

FACEBOOK:THE GREATEST D-INVENTION

The year is 2009, uhm!!!....not really it is January this year actually and I am seated in front of a 17-inch brightly colored CRT monitor completely consumed in it's flattering hue, a dark highly disguised latest fashion American-made system unit towering over the top of the desk with a mouse slightly larger than an African long mouthed garden Rat, a keyboard that compares to my primary school teachers typewriter all USB-ed.

I stare aimlessly at the screen, place my entire palms on the mouse, I cover it with the inner sole of my fingers, I recollect my poise, gather my efforts as I ponder my next move, I wonder to myself, my heart pounds in my chest, my tongue clasps at the roof of my mouth, a cold shiver slaps me across the face, anxiety overwhelms me like never before and my gut instincts take to a sudden flight I ceaselessly pose questions to myself, I put my conscious to a test repeatedly, I mobilize my sinews in a soldierly gaiety, I equip my oblongotta with positive illusions, with a parishioner's zeal my soul takes one big leap and alas!!i am creating a profile on facebook for the first time, I pause for a second and wonder what really was at the back of Mark Zukerberg mind(this computer engineering student invented facebook) when he churned out this social networking site, it's so addictive that I am actually considering slicing off a few of my work hours to have a little more time probably chatting on facebook, adding exciting-all-for-nothing applications on my profile, commenting on my friend's walls and photos and above all take turns in between these tasks to admire the good works Mark did.

Many may rush to give Bill Gates a pat on the back for his Microsoft & nerds innovations(do i even know what nerds is anyway), thousand may be beaming with gladness at the marvels of GOGGLES search engine but to me I vehemently disagree, I rather face book is the greatest D-invention and that it's a D-class apart, worth of mention.

One of the grandest inventions this planet has ever witnessed is no doubt the Law of gravity(is it an invention),for others it's the pen(wait a  minute the guys of old times wrote on scrolls with feathers,the oldest cousin of the pens.didn't they?),while some think it's an aircraft but for me face book strikes the chord,none of all these fore mentioned marvels comes close to Zukerberg's work of art,his masterpiece supremo,D- invention classic
So brace your self for some facebooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment